ISP blocking parts of Qubes forum

Actually, it is the connector used by my local McDS. I can log into the Qubes OS Forum, and it is fast. Some pages it refuses to let me enter.

one page:; My personal experience of attempt to harden qubes VM

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to forum.qubes-os.org. Peer received a valid certificate, but access was denied.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

I start a VPN, and this page immediately will load with the same browser.

Long ago, I sent a message to the provider of the McDs software company that handled blocking. At one time they blocked the download of all things Linux, although Forums were available. They said they blocked all free software, at the request of the McDs (which might be local, not a national McDs decision.) They blocked updates to Firefox, as well as Firefox Extensions. Also blocked downloads of all Linux, including Tails Linux (which as you all know, has the US government as a contributor of money)

They do not block Linux any more. But why some web pages in a forum?

I realize that McDs management is focused on their shop not being a place for -some- to spend their days downloading movies. and not doing naughty things.

But these kinds of policies of ISP’s look like our future. Companies will limit what we are allowed to do on the Internet. I am guessing it is not a good time to be in Russia, and watching the “False” news shows. If I was a foreigner staying in a Chinese Hotel. I might not ever log in with my computer, no matter how I had it configured. But I know little about how PRC controls the internet in China.

So it’s not about Qubes OS but about the forum, right? Moved to Forum Feedback and edited the title to help other users.

1 Like