Is there a way to do minor edits here without bumping?

I hope this is the right place to ask this, I have not used to discourse before using this forum and realised I that if I see I made a typo in a post and do so much as remove one letter, it bumps that reply to the top of the discussion! Is there anyway to avoid this (apart from more meticulously reading my own reply before replying)?

I can’t answer this, but since this question is about how Discorse works, you should be able to get help on their own forums: https://meta.discourse.org/.

By the way, why is it a problem for you at all? This way you can get more attention. Sounds like a good thing to me.

2 Likes

That’s what I was about to suggest. Here are a few links:

2 Likes

Well I am not a dev, so sometimes I may be replying to perhaps a newer qubes user or offering a suggestion to try with someone who is not new, or it could be a comparibly minor issue to others threads…in all these, i really don’t want the extra attention LOL, but thanks suggesting posting it in the discourse forums, i just thought maybe someone here might know.

Much appreciate the reply and those links @deeplow. I haven’t yet (but will) give them a read now, glad to know I’m not the only one who has quesitoned this. Thanks

1 Like