Is it possible that torbrowser connect without Tor in Whonix

I want my anon-whonix torbrowser to connect internet without Tor.
some websites don’t accept Tor. I want to login some websites from torbrowser. I need to store cookies.

1 Like

Logging into a website and allowing persistent cookies may deanonymize you, defeating the point of tor browser. You’re looking for a regular Firefox install (w/ a VPN if your threat model would require you to hide your real IP address and or location). If you need enhanced fingerprinting protection, you can try an unofficial firefox fork like librewolf.

There is a related discussion here, but it is only available for users with Trust Level 2+:

1 Like

this looks so difficult. I really don’t understand.

1 Like

I want to login instagram. i want to hide my ip and fingerprint.
I tried to copy cookies from firefox to torbrowser. but i failed.

if that is your goal I recommend installing Librewolf, and the Chameleon extension, it will allow you to randomize your fingerprint every few minutes, then use a proxy or more easily done a vpn

Or alternatively an easier option, Mullvad Browser with the VPN enabled

1 Like

You should probably do it not in the Whonix, because anon-whonix VM only receives network from Tor. You could install Tor Browser in a dedicated VM with clearnet access for that.

You simply open a Linux terminal, enter the three commands in it. The third one will open the Tor Browser. In the browser you enter about:config in the address line and it will show you a large list of parameters, where you change one of them. Restart browser, done. If you have any questions, just ask.

1 Like

Yes. It doesn’t work in whonix. even though network qube changed from sys-whonix to sys-firewall.

1 Like

thank you. I logined with firefox and then changed net qube from sys-whonix to sys-firewall. but I was uncomfortable to use firefox.

Yeah I am still deliberating on if running the CLI command in a Debian VM to install KickSecure will be easier yet still as robust security wise as merely taking out TOR from a Whonix VM clone — but I sense Whonix has done more than KickSecure which is why I am mulling over threads like this one in trying to learn how I will place a VPN onto a cloned Whonix qube instead of using a KickSecure qube VM with sys-net access enabled.

1 Like

According to elitist grumpy Whonix Forum, KickSecure will be easier to implement rather than stripping out TOR to replace it with the same exact features but using a VPN replacement (minus anything TOR).

At least I now have that insight.

Just don’t forget to reconfigure / install things after you want to use anon-whonix with tor again…

1 Like