Intel NUC11PAKi5

Remarks

Product specifications: Intel NUC11PAKi5.

1. Secure Boot needs to be disabled: F2 then Setup > Boot > Secure Boot.
  2. Only UEFI is available. Legacy BIOS is not available in NUC11. (Intel docs)

Qubes OS releases

Installation media: USB thumbdrive.

• R4.0.4: the machine rebooted before the installer became visible.
  • R4.1-alpha20201014: the machine rebooted before the installer became visible.
  • R4.1-beta1: installation OK. Performed a default installation (with Whonix).

Testing R4.1-beta1

• Display at native resolution (2650x1440) OK

• Wired network OK

• Sound via HDMI OK

• Sound via headphones in front JACK not OK, no output device is available. (That works fine with Tails 4.19.)

• WiFi seems OK (but I haven’t actually established a connection)

• USB keyboard and mouse OK (Note: no sys-usb was created by the installer, I didn’t add done either at this point.)

• Bluetooth, I can’t find it, not OK

• IR receiver, I can’t find it either, not OK

• Microphone OK

Attachments

None yet. I’m still testing and will edit this post when ready. In the meantime, if you have questions, I’ll do my best to answer :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As it is a Realteck Audio Chip sound may work with this …
sudo echo “options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=1” > /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf

Do you have visual glitches, specially at LUKS password input and/or mouse pointer?

I guess suspend doesnt work?

Hey @BigQ, thanks for your suggestions!

Sound

Making sure that /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf contains:

options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=1

doesn’t seems to make a difference with regards to the front headphones/microphone.

With or without the file, the Volume Control settings display the Internal Microphone as the only input device, and HDMI / DisplayPort 6 as the only output device. The sound works out of the monitor though :white_check_mark:

Visual glitches

Yes, there are visual glitches when inputting the full disk encryption (LUKS) password.

The desktop doesn’t seems to display any visual glitches.

Suspend

I found no way of waking up from suspend, so I suppose that you’re right, I’d say suspend doesn’t work.

1 Like