Machines: GPD Pocket 3 Intel i7-1195G7 | GPD Win Max 2021 Intel i7-1195G7
- The machine suspends correctly, going into S3 sleep. No issues there, thankfully.
- Upon resume, the internal display backlight turns on, but the entire screen is black.
- All other aspects of the machine resume correctly (the machine is not “frozen”, it’s just got a black screen)
- If I plug an external display into the HDMI and/or USB-C ports, it is recognised and works as normal. (I think this is a good thing…)
- The internal display can be turned off and on using
xrandr, but it still shows a black screen.
- If I unplug an external display, SCREEN :0 is re-calibrated, but the internal display keeps showing a black screen.
- The internal display is part of SCREEN :0, even while it’s showing nothing but black.
- The internal display backlight flashes if I try and change its resolution or run the command
xset dpms force off(like a normal display would), but it still shows a black screen afterwards.
- It’s almost like
Xare aware that the internal display is there, and they both think that it’s behaving normally, but it’s just showing a black screen and they don’t know it.
- The internal display goes back to normal on (warm and cold) reboot.
Is there a way to “simulate” unplugging and plugging back in the internal display, just like unplugging and plugging in an external one into the HDMI port?
I have a suspicion that this is what’s preventing resuming from sleep from working on quite a lot of laptops, so if anyone knows how to fix this, we’d all benefit
Can anyone help?
Happy to post any logs you need.
Thank you in advance!