Installation of Qubes on ThinkPad T16

For completeness sack, 4 bin files I have put in hw2.0
I haven’t removed anything and all parameters are still there.
When I put journalctl command in sys-net, I have got no result.

My reading comprehension was bad, so I didn’t understand your question right.
To enable tap to click go to Q → gear icon → System Settings → Mouse and Touchpad
Then in the Devices tab open the Touchpad tab and you’ll see the option to enable it.

This command:

sudo journalctl -b > journalctl.log

Will create the log file in the current directory (with /home/user/journalctl.log path by default) and you can copy it from there.

journalctl.log (156.1 KB)

I am replying for below post.

You are right, it wasn’t there but after placing it towards right and reboot, issue not resolved yet. What is the next step, you are really helpful, thank you for that.

I can see your PCI ethernet controller is attached to sys-net but there is no PCI wireless controller there.
Open the sys-net Qubes Settings → Devices tab and make sure that your wireless controller is in the right column. If it’s not then move in from left column to the right column and then try to start sys-net again.

Get the new log from sys-net with WiFi controller attached and post it here.

Forum keeps me stopping as I am a new user, I ain’t able to reply because of that.
I cannot post attachment on previous or new accounts, thats very restrictive environment.
I am jodi again but cannot use that name again.

journalctl.log (238.0 KB)
One more thing i want to add that plane fedora in this laptop worked with wifi

Seems to be some problem with Xen and your wireless controller:

You can try to add pci=nomsi to the sys-net’s kernel options for a test, but I’m not sure if it’ll help. Just some random thought.
You can add this option using this command in dom0:
s=$(qvm-prefs -- sys-net kernelopts) && qvm-prefs -- sys-net kernelopts "pci=nomsi $s"

Can you also upload the sys-net-dm.log? Maybe there will be some relevant info.
The log is in dom0 /var/log/xen/console/guest-sys-net-dm.log.

guest-sys-net-dm.log (606.5 KB)

And no msi didn’t helped.

Don’t see anything interesting there.

I’m out of ideas. I guess the easiest solution would be to just replace your wireless controller with another one that will work.

Thank you for your help, I guess I made a wrong decision while purchasing device.
One more problem is there that whenever battery in unplugged and starts discharging, system reboots.

That’s strange, I didn’t see any such cases.
Does it work properly in other systems?
If yes then what if you run stress test in another system and unplug the power cable?

I previously installed windows on this system and didn’t happened there.
Can it be due to some power settings?
Main thing is it’s 100% reproducible by only removing plug. And I haven’t identified any other trigger.

I had a thought that maybe Xen or dom0 drivers are not properly managing the power (e.g. CPU is always running at max frequency, the dGPU (if present in your laptop) is running even if unused and is drawing power) it could consume considerable power in idle mode when compared to normal systems.

So all and all Qubes can be installed on thinkpad t16 gen2, amd laptop.
It has 5 usb devices none of which require no strict reset.
keyboard, trackpad and trackpoint are ps/2 as far as i understood.
I don’t have ethernet right now, so cannot test internet.
Wifi is not working. Kernel was 6.7.7
Both network controllers are also not requiring no strict reset.
There is some issue with power unplugging which always results in reboot.

Thank you @apparatus.
But can someone also give some suggestion in this post.
Otherwise I have to leave Qubes-OS for now.

I came across this [Solved] Wifi problem Honor MagicBook 16 (QCNFA765 Wireless Network Adapter) - Debian User Forums
Can you suggest something based on that
And one more thing that should i put those firmware files in hw 2.1
And was it needed to remove files with same name and xz extension

There is no new info. You’ve already updated the firmware to the latest one.

There is no need since the files in hw2.1 directory are links to the files in hw2.0 directory.

What do you mean? Which files with xz extension are you referring to?

Fedora has xz files with same name but debian has same files with bin extension
One more thing if it may be related to iwd?
As i Tried nmcli itsaid connection activation failed no suitable device no lo available.

I don’t know how it works in fedora, I’m only using debian myself.

It’s not related. It seems to be a problem with your wireless controller driver/firmware and Xen (Or maybe working in VM in general? You can try to passthrough it in KVM for a test if you want.).