I’ve tried to install Qubes-R4.0.4-x86_64.iso on a Dell Latitude E7270 but couldn’t get it working.
I would appreciate your help a lot!
This is what I’ve done to create the installation medium:
- Download the iso file
- Verify signatures and filehash
- Use a 64 GB USB 3 drive
sudo dd if=Qubes-R4.0.4-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdb status=progress bs=1M && sync
( I know, I changed the bs parameter, but it shouldn’t make a difference )
- Everything works fine
The install process, using UEFI:
- Start laptop
- F12 to open boot menu
- select UEFI (secure boot disabled) → my USB device
- some boot messages appear, anaconda appears, I select a language (us)
- click install medium → verify → “This medium looks not good”
( How can I find out why the verification fails ? Can I do it manually? )
- I can install anyway, so I do
- While installing, at step 946, it fails with an exception “DNF error: Error unpacking rpm package qubes -template-fedora…”
The medium either is really corrupt or my laptop has a malfunction.
So I tried the legacy boot option (csm):
- boot laptop
- legacy boot from usb
- installer menu appears (I got to select between install qubes and verify and install)
- I choose Verify and Install Qubes
- The grey screen appears, a loading bar appears
- After ~30% of the progress it freezes. No further progress
I also tried several USB ports and updated my BIOS to latest version.
Important BIOS settings also have been set: intel vt-d/tpm 1.2/ intel vt-x
The usb device is new.