I try installing on my laptop, but can't get past the first text screen

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to, but as i’ve mentioned I can’t boot into the USB in Uefi. Only legacy. I tried disabling Secure boot and PTT, but it still won’t boot unless it’s in Legacy.

try legacy
however uuid only available in gpt which only available in uefi, so i not sure this will work at all (the later part, not this)

I’m a bit confused. I got an instruction to type in wmic path win32_computersystemproduct get uuid in the command line console. The UUID is 4C4C4544-0032-3110-8035-B5C04F4E3432

Is this what you are referring to?

oh, windows stuff? this is not windows, not even fully linux either. that your laptop uuid, not partitions uuid

Universally unique identifier (UUID) for this product. A UUID is a 128-bit identifier that is guaranteed to be different from other generated UUIDs. If a UUID is not available, a UUID of all zeros is used.

it don’t match any uuid in the picture

Liston, thanks for all your patience, but PPC mentioned that I need to try in Legacy, yet UUID is only available in UEFI. It’s as if my second hard drive not longer works. Should I wipe the partition on the installed hard drive and try reinstalling?

yes, but in legacy

1 Like

I tried it and sadly got the same result. It cuts to a blank image with the “Q” logo with a white loading bar at the bottom. it then goes blank after a bit and my computer shuts down.

The first I tried was to boot Qubes using the USB drive, but every time I do, I get a series of text that says

Starting Installer, one moment…
anaconda 25.20.9-1 for Qubes R4.0.4 started.

*Installation log files are stored in /tmp during the installation
*shell is availble on TTY2
*If the graphical installation interface fails to start , try again
inst.text bootoption to start text installation
*when reporting a bug add logs from /tmp as separate text/plain
17:02:08 Not asking for VNC because we don’t have a network
17:02:08 X startup failed, aborting installation
17:02:08 X startup failed, aborting installation
The installation cannot continue and the system will be rebooted
Press ENTER to Continue

I did all this in legacy, but I did manage to find a few options from the USB drive when it launches that relate to the drive that my operating system’s hard drive(the one I installed Qubes) I’ve attemptede to do a "Rescue a Qubes System option which leads to a series of white text in a black background.

The text presented is as followed:
The rescue environment will now attempt to find your Linux installation and mount it under the directory : directory : /mnt/sysimage. You can then make any changes required to your system. Choose “1” to proceed with this step.
You can choose to mount your file systems read-only instead of read-write by choosing “2”.
If for some reason this process does not work choose “3”

1. Continue

2. Read-only

3. Skip to Shell

4. Quit (Reboot)

I try selecting continue, but they seem to be asking for the LUKS passphrase to decrypt the sada2 drive.

While this new information should provide insight, I still am lost on where to get the LUKS to go further with this. What is a LUKS anyway?

The Linux Unified Key Setup ( LUKS ) is a disk encryption specification

however don’t waste you time on that recovery (most people use that to access encrypted file which not what we need)
you should try 3. Skip to Shell the lsblk
then try one of there method to find uuid

Thanks. I managed to follow through with the link below. It included another link for mounting partitions. Is that my next step?

no, i just need the output

Thanks. In the photo(based on the link I just posted, since it’s a bit confusing due to the various lines of text) i’m assuming that the UUID it is 0095bf2727-7e1a-4d49-82b0-99c71760d01a /

The drive seems to be an anacondalisted under loop2 live-rw ext4

I’ll upload a picture in a bit. Gimme a sec.

Update:There

wait, what is sda (it contain a encrypted luks partition)

Did I cite the right text line or should I look at the pictures I took again?

in the picture, sda contain a encrypted luks partition and a ext4 partition but there no boot partition

No boot partition? Weird. I do have other pictures of commands I put in if it helps. The one I uploaded above is done via the “lsblk -f”, but I do have others.

This one is from the “lsblk” command.

This one is the “blkid | grep UUID=” command.

Finally this one is from the “lsblk -f | grep -v loop” command.

Keep in mind I just need to know what command line in what picture I need to look into and which line. I do need to thank you for everything. The way I see it i’m likely nearing the end and should be close to the end of this trouble shooting. I guess if I pull this off it’s safe to say not everyone has the fortune of installing an operating system like this. Way to many people go about their daily lives, but others try to assist their privacy, but can’t pull it off well enough.

this might related to windows efi partition
what about unplug windows drive, then install (some uefi troubleshot if you haven’t tried)

Thank you. I’ll do this when I get home tomorrow at work(I work in the morning).

I’m sorry to say this, but I looked at the instructions you gave me last night and it seems that I don’t see how it connects with my problem. I’m really thinking of sending my laptop to a repairman to install the OS instead.

who, they might install windows 11 for you instead :upside_down_face:

I’ll give swapping the hard drives a show then. Shouldn’t hurt.