HP EliteBook 840 G4

Remarks

Works without problems with both R4.0.4 and R4.1, using BIOS and dual booting with ubuntu. Camera and microphone work, fingerprint reader does not (no driver).

Attachm

Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_EliteBook_840_G4-20210312-104604.yml (894 Bytes)
ents

Thank you @GWeck for your report, which is now available in the HCL.

Does this still work with with this laptop as of today?

I am still using it as my main mobile device, running Qubes R4.0.4 with a lot of different VMs, up to Windows 11.

1 Like

Thank you , I wanted to confirm before purchasing one

Added report for Qubes R4.1 - works as well as R4.0.4, but with better Windows support (thanks to @jevank),
Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_EliteBook_840_G4-20220402-112730.yml (888 Bytes)

Thank you @GWeck and sorry for the delay in processing it. Your R4.1 report is online now!

Thank you!
I have an Elitebook 840 G3. Skylake .
Is there any way to flash the bios with installation of qubes, in one or 2 steps so that it has coreboot or the like and the most secure OS as well as bios on my machine? I would so deeply appreciate this.
The specs on my laptop are still decent with great ports. Would love to update the security and privacy.
Kindly reply at your earliest convenience.

I am afraid I have no information on this. My laptop came with Windows 10 / UEFI pre-installed. I just enabled legacy BIOS in the UEFI/BIOS setup and installed Qubes (at that time R3.2) on it, even without disk encryption, because this is just a test machine where I have no security requirements and no valuable data. So I have no idea if and how the BIOS could be flashed there.