How to install Windows tools ?

Hello, first I want to apologize if my English is bad.

I have been looking for a way to install Windows tools for Windows 10 for a few days now, but it’s hard to find a way to do it because of the many unclear explanations on the internet… that’s why I decided today to post this message to get some help.

I thank anyone who will help me.

P.S. : I’m a total beginner on Qubes before I was on Windows then Ubuntu and Linux Mint (I don’t have a lot of experience but I know some basics.)

See edit below

qvm-start --install-windows-tools <win10vmName>

If my memory serves me correctly this command should start your Win 10 VM and load the windows tools as a volume so that you can run the installer. I have not done this in a very long time. I’m trying to do this myself but I’m currently blocked by a password prompt.

If you created the VM using the qvm-create-windows-qube utility below the tools would be installed for you.

Edit: Start here

That script worked for me, but for some reason the Windows VMs tend to get corrupted after a while…

Remember to select “seamless mode” in case you want to see the standard Windows desktop!

Won’t work for OP’s case - they said they’re using Windows 10 and seamless mode is not available there.