How to fix 0.2s audio delay in QubesOS?

Does anyone else have problems with their audio and video being out of sync? Has anyone found a solution to fix or reduce the audio delay issues in qubes?

I’m currently using pulseaudio in kde with 4.2.1, but the problem seems to also persist for pipewire. Manually adjusting audio delay doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Hi everyone,

I have a very similar problem. I have configured an audio disposible app-vm using this guide. Everything works just fine, however I have a significant delay (+2s or even more) to the audio input in an app-vm. Switching to a manually attached USB microphone (e.g. a camera microphone) seems to completely get rid of the latency issue.

The two posted GitHub issues didn’t really include an advice on how to solve the problem, so weren’t really helpful to me since I don’t understand audio in Linux well enough to troubleshoot and solve it on my own.

Does anyone has an Idea how to solve this audio lag (or troubleshoot the root cause)?

It seems that setting the Configuration Profile to “Pro Audio” was the problem that introduced the lag. Switching to the “Default Line…” profile seems to have solved the problem. See this thread comment: Audio qube - #486 by NeffIsBack