How to edit BOOTX64.cfg to install Qubes OS. Screen freezes before Install Menu UEFI

Sorry – I missed this question … I really should know better, than to attempt to put pen to paper before I’ve had coffee … :-/

From your description, it sounds like you have successfully

• partitioned and formatted the drive(s)
  • copied the initial dom0 software to the machine
  • booted from the harddrive

but the INITIAL SETUP has failed (or skipped) - since it’s the INITIAL SETUP that

• copies templates
  • creates the system qubes
  • configures the system Qubes

As I read the reddit-link, it’s about how to boot the machine – not about how to get templates installed and system qubes created – so I don’t think it will help in your situatio
n. :frowning:

Did you succeed to verify your installation media as it was suggested in Installation problem. No Software/No Templates/No Default System Qubes - #30 by apparatus?

:slight_smile: :coffee:

Qubes team have a remark, to let Qubes work at my laptop: To boot the installer, you need to remove mapbs=1 and noexitboot=1 To get suspend to work, you need to add mem_sleep_default=deep to the kernel= line in /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg.

I also try to use GRUB
/boot/grub/GRUB/qubes/xen.cfg doesn’t work as well, system also can’t find this command :poop:

I think this remark will help in my situation to invoke Default System Qubes/ Software/ Templates , but system couldn’t find and open this command, not when I try efi/EFI or grub/GRUB command.

I also try to put mapbs=1 and noexitboot=1 at GRUB command line, but I don’t know how GRUB work, because it doesn’t show does it safe this command or somehow :confused:

Yes I do checked web version, download-install at usb- went thru installation process and have same issue, also any time when I checked quality of ISO image (at usb media) inside installation process it tell that it’s bad USB
(I understand why, because it don’t have default system qubes/software/templates, but inside ISO file I can see them, so aaaaaallll this time long I was trying to find a solution how to invoke Default System Qubes/ Software/ Templates )

But, it also kinda weird suggestion from peoples, because official Qubes have only have 2 web-site and 2 torrents from we can downloaded our images which are officially maintained by Qubes project, all other options it’s just mirrors (not-trusted or less trusted), so if we downloaded from official sources it should not have any problem in theory and if they did we also actually have no choice lol :smiley:

btw last time I downloaded 4.2.0 Qubes from torrent file and don’t checked by hash, because torrent itself checking it on a hash and if it downloaded 100% it’s mean that this downloaded are the same that source have hash-to-hash.

It’s my nightmare, I’m so exhausted that I Still could not use Qubes OS :face_with_head_bandage: :sob: :weary:

If your issue is still the “Installation problem. No Software/No Templates/No Default System Qubes” problem, then I’ll suggest keeping the questions/work/resolution in that thread … maybe follow up in that thread with which suggestions you tried and what result you got.

:slight_smile:

1 Like