How do I wipe a USB read-only drive in Qubes?

I have a USB-drive with Qubes 4.1 Beta and want to wipe it and place newest Qubes version ISO on drive using Etcher.

I attach drive to the VM and go into Etcher, select drive and ISO, and get the error message that the process failed.

There are still files on the drive from the Qubes 4.1 beta when 4.1 beta was first released. I tried to delete those files and can’t. I tried to format and i can’t. I am trying to do this in Thunar and Thunar with su enabled.

Is there a terminal command I can use to wipe USB drive?

Did you attach the device to the qube or just a partition on the device? A screenshot of the Qubes Devices menu would help. The name of the device in Qubes Devices should be along the lines of sda or sdb as opposed to sda1 or sdb1.
You can also try using the sudo dd if=Qubes-RX-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdY status=progress bs=1048576 && sync command in a terminal to burn the ISO to the flash drive instead and see if there are any errors. Note that the ‘Qubes-RX-x86_64.iso’ should be replaced with the name of the ISO file and ‘sdY’ should be replaced with the name of the USB device (such as sda or sdb).