Hey, guess what? another guy who cant acess wifi. plz help

Yes, I have read all the other posts and information about WiFi adapters not working and their solutions. Unfortunately, I have tried everything, and nothing has worked. I have the “TP-Link Adapter Nano USB Wireless N150 TL-WN725N.” WiFi has never worked on this Qubes installation, and I get a red Ethernet symbol at the top of the screen.

While installing Qubes, I selected the “Use sys-net qube for both networking and USB devices” option, as recommended. I have added NetworkManager to the sys-net services and followed several other suggestions from different posts.

I am happy to provide more information as needed.
edit: i have the latest version of qubes.

try to get another wifi adapter

yeah, i dont have money for that, i think if thats the case i’ll just change OS

Try to use Fedora template.
If it won’t help then try to install out-of kernel driver for your Wireless adapter in sys-net template. I guess it has RTL8188EU chip so something like this:

2 Likes

it seems your adapter is not working well with the default drivers: networking - Install TP-link TL-WN725N USB wifi driver on Ubuntu 20.04 - Ask Ubuntu

it’s a thread from 2021 though, maybe try to switch your sys-net qube to another template to see if it works better, otherwise you may need to recompile the driver as suggested in the link above, but doing so within a template will not be a straightforward operation.

thank you

Also don’t forget to blacklist the default kernel drivers: