Help managing multiple removable PCI network devices with disposable net-vm

I’ve got some laptops with hardware kill switches for the each of the NICs. What is the recommended configuration to prevent sys-net from failing to boot due to a missing NIC? Qubes 4.3.2, disposable sys-net option selected at install.

Qubes Global Config -> Device Assignments -> Required Devices has a check box for PCI devices being required port, but this cannot be unselected. So my assumption is this must be configured during the disposable net-vm creation. I apologize if I missed something in the docs about this. If so, please link.

I don’t know if it’s possible to configure it like this for PCI devices specifically

The only work around I can think of is to have one sys-net VM per NIC, but this is cumbersome. I was hoping there could was a config where “attach if available” or “one of PCI ports required” was possible.

Unless there’s some dom0 script magic to attach available PCI devices after it has finished booting…