HCL - VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X513EA_X513EA

Remarks

Surprisingly good result for such a low-spec machine!
Kudos to the Qubes team.

Sleeping and waking up again works only sometimes unfortunately.

Caveat: Attempting to put the machine to sleep can lead to it apparently sleeping, but overheating in fact.

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC_-VivoBook_ASUSLaptop_X513EA_X513EA-20211202-224150.yml (945 Bytes)

3 Likes

Forgot to add

Qubes R4.1 works well enough to register to this forum, tinker with my website and submit this HCL report.

Will test the Kali Linux template and try to get Signal working and will report in due course.

2 Likes

Thank you @gris for this HCL report, which is now online.

3 Likes

And thank you @Sven for you persistent work administering the HCL reports!

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, being a relative newby in the Qubes-os forum.

Kali Linux now works a treat after a previous failure to upgrade. Apologies, no details about the failure to update, which I intended to reproduce and then post here, but now of course, it has sorted itself out and works fine, while I failed to note the failure details. The usage VM reports that there are a couple of applications missing and advises me to re-install those in the template VM. I am not too concerned about those.

I installed signal-desktop in the debian-11 template VM, temporarily connecting it to sys-firewall in order to be able to [wget -O- https://updates.signal.org/desktop/apt/keys.asc]. The system warned me that I am very naughty doing that as it basically breaks the Qubes-os security policy. Signal-desktop works fine for messaging in the debian-11 usage VM. I haven’t had occasion to test telephony with signal yet. I followed the instructions on
instructions

Signal >> Download Signal → Not on Mac?

It seems to be that due to problems with the touchpad (wake up), the operating system does not work properly on this laptop?
Who else has installed it?