Global paste can't paste multiline statements

This worked the other day for me, not sure how it randomly stopped working.

I can copy/paste to and from qubes with the global clip board single line statements only. When I try to paste anything with a new line character (maybe?) Nothing happens. I think it’s new line characters, definitely anything more than a single line.

Nothing in /var/log/qubes/guid..log for the copier or paster. Not sure what happened. Any ideas?

Playing with it a bit more. It seems I can paste multiline statements into firefox. EG, I copy random stuff from a terminal and paste it in the address bar for firefox. It would seem I’m only experiencing this for my terminal. I can paste single line statements, any multiline statements in a terminal cause nothing to happen.

It could be a setting in that particular terminal emulator or a limitation of that terminal emulator. You could try installing a different terminal emulator (which might better suit your needs). This isn’t Qubes-specific, so you can probably find lots of good information on the Web by searching for best linux terminal emulator and similar queries.

@buhduh
Which terminal are you using?
Do you see the same effect when using xterm, uxterm

I’m running xfce4-terminal. This does seem to be exclusively a terminal thing. It would seem new lines are making it into the global clipboard, evidenced by being able to paste into firefox and now vim with the "+ register. Bizarrely, right clicking and pasting in vim doesn’t work either…

I don’t seem to have mouse support with xterm, but "+ register in vim works there too. Not quite sure how to copy and paste in terminal in qubes without mouse. I used to ctrl+shift+(c|v) but that’s the global clipboard here. ctrl+ins, shift+ins “doesn’t work” either.

In any event, I do have multiline support in VIM now, which is really what I needed. I can debug this at my leisure now, probably some dumb setting I changed or something.