Gigabyte aero 17 XD

i’ve been having trouble with a gigabyte Aero 17 xd.

i have been trying to install Qubes but every time it keeps sending me into a boot loop can someone
please help

well, with a quick look to this hardware, it bad for running qubes os
@Sven can you take a further look to see what cause the problem

1 Like

i’am not a linux user i don’t know how to do that

seriously asking, how do you know this and why you even try to install this ‽

i need it of work

programming/hacking/sensitive information/personal

nothing helpful here

@AN0N your processor supports Vt-d and you have 16 GB of memory – that’s good.

Your motherboard is not in the HCL – not good but also not bad: just unknown if it will work with Qubes

However your CPU is very new (Tiger Lake) and not yet fully supported by Qubes OS (there is a ticket). However, several community members run Qubes OS On Tiger Lake CPU so that’s not a show stopper either.

However, given the above and your statement “i’am not a linux user i don’t know how to do that” … means you are in for one hell of a learning curve.

If this is an urgent need and you do need it for work, I’d highly recommend you to get one of the community recommended computers if you can. It will make your entry into the Qubes OS world a lot easier.

1 Like

i have been trying to install Qubes but every time it keeps sending me into a boot loop can someone
please help

Can you describe exactly what the computer is doing? Is it giving an error or doing something weird or does it just start the installation at the beginning after rebooting it? If it starts the installation over from the beginning after rebooting, make sure the computer isn’t trying to boot from the installation medium after you’re asked to reboot.
If you’re seeing a message that says ‘Unsupported Hardware Detected’ you can check to make sure that Intel VT-d is enabled in the BIOS.

1 Like