Flatpack Debian 12 Template Install Issue

I’ll preface this with: I’m pretty new to Linux, and even newer to Qubes! But wow I’m enjoying this journey!

Currently, I’m trying to install Metadata Cleaner and I could use some help to that end. I’ve attempted to install it in my debian-12-xfce template; that’s my default qube template, making it broadly available.

What I’ve done so far, and where I’m stuck:

1. Visit the “Install Metadata Cleaner” web page: Install Metadata Cleaner on Linux | Flathub
  2. Click the little down carrot next to the blue Install button near the top right of the page to view those sweet sweet cli commands.
  3. Follow the link to “Ensure Make sure you follow the setup guide for your Linux distribution before installing” to follow the linked setup guide for my linux distro (Debian 12, as previously mentioned).
  4. Open an Xfce Terminal in my debian-12-xfce Template Qube and execute steps 1 & 2 as listed in the “setup guide for my Linux distribution”.
  5. I run “flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://dl.flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo” as per Step 3 in the “setup guide for my Linux distribution”, and am met with the following message in my terminal:

**Note that the directories **

‘/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share’
‘/home/user/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share’

are not in the search path set by the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable, so
applications installed by Flatpak may not appear on your desktop until the
session is restarted.

error: Can’t load uri ttps://dl.flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo: While fetching ttps://dl.flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo: [6] Couldn’t resolve host name

How can I resolve this? I’d guess it’s because the Template Qube doesn’t have network access?

NOTE: I in the two links at the end of the error message I changed “https” to “ttps” so that they wouldn’t post as hyperlinks - I just created this account and can only post two links per post.

1 Like

Solène you’re wonderful! First I followed your post for Proton VPN setup, and now this! Thank you!!