Fedora template no longer supported 4.2.0-rc5

After updating Qubes 4.2.0-rc4 to rc5 on Notebook NH5x_NH7xHP got this notification:

so did an in-place upgrade to Fedora 39, and get this notification:

After updating grub (sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg) and reboot:

The notification remains.
As you can see on the pictures, after updating there are two network icons. ¨cat /etc/qubes-release¨ in terminal says I am still on Qubes rc4 though i did the update normally so i should be on rc5. Also, when updating again in terminal i get this warning about datetime deprecated:
/usr/lib/python3.12/site-packages/salt/utils/jid.py:19: DeprecationWarning: datetime.datetime.utcnow() is deprecated and scheduled for removal in a future version. Use timezone-aware objects to represent datetimes in UTC: datetime.datetime.now(datetime.UTC).
return datetime.datetime.utcnow()*
Okay, Qubes 4.2.0-rc4 worked just fine, after updating normally to 4.2.0-rc5 there are some new issues. I am not going to install a new fedora template. That would be too much work, reïnstalling all the software I use. That is why i always do an in place upgrade of the templates.

1 Like

Appears to be this:

2 Likes

This has already been fixed in the code, but the fix will not be reflected in existing ISOs.

The following command will fix your issue (in a dom0 terminal):

qvm-features fedora-39 template-name fedora-39

I had the same issue as well for multiple templates. The message will go away after you reboot or restart the widget.

2 Likes

Thnx. After

The message was gone indeed, and then updated dom0 again, now i am really on Qubes release 4.2.0-rc5

1 Like