I haven’t looked at other browser bookmarks file formats. I used the most non-brittle way to search thru the bookmarks file I could… but it doesn’t necessarily mean it will work with all bookmark file formats.
On that note: Bash was the WRONG language for this app. I determined to learn bash… and so that’s why I started with bash… but soon enough saw how constrained bash is…
…Therefore, to do it right it really needs to be refactored into Elixer.
The pattern matching and data options would have allowed an Elixer version to be much more robust against multiple bookmarks formats.
I’m not too keen to refactor right now. It’s good enough for now… I’m hoping that 4.2 has a runner built in or a real coder makes something (I’m just a dabbler)… as this would really improve Qubes work flow for most users.