Failed loading repos after in place upgrade

Thank you everyone.

I did an inplace upgrade to 4.2 following all the steps with no errors. I belive I introduced the error by installing fedora-38, debian-12 and whonix-17 in between pre-reboot and post-reboot steps. I am very stupid.

Running update gui dom0 has no updates, but reports successful update when forced to update instead of saying “no update”.

Running qubes-dom0-update in cli in dom0 I receive this error:

Warning: failed loading ‘/var/lib/qubes/dom0-updates/etc/yum.repos.d/qubes-domo.repo’ , skipping.

UpdateVM is sys-net, and I have changed the templatevm for sys-net to debian-12, fedora-38, fedora-37, debian-11. All have qubes-dom0-update services installed.

Depending on the template I also sometimes see error:

-curl error (37): Couldn’t read a fille file:// file for file:///var/lib/qubes/updates/repodata/repomd.xml

and

Error: failed to download metadata for repo ‘qubes-dom0-cached’: Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirros were tried

qubes-dom0.repo in yum appears to be structured appropriately, I have switched r$releasever for r4.2 multiple times with no effect. The internet works running any appvm through sys-net.

Finally another error that I don’t remember what I did. For some time in 4.2 I could change Dom0 update proxy in Global Settings, but now when I try to change it a pop up appears saying:

The following error occurred: Failed to set repository data: qrexec call failed: None

This is why I have been changing the sys-net template vm instead of the update proxy vm, I can no longer change the update proxy in global settings.

It is very frustrating because the in place upgrade appeared to go smoothly and I definitely did the damage myself installing things in the middle of the upgrade, very stupid.

Before I backup and reinstall everything from scratch I am hoping there is some fix. If I do reinstall from scratch I should not restore dom0 qubes I imagine, as this appears to be where there is an error?

Thank you again,
Stupid

When backing up dom0 using the Qubes backup tool (explained below), only the home directory is backed up.