Experience Gaming on Qubes: Games w/ Anti-cheat

I’ve seen a lot of people explaining how gpu passthrough is possible, how they did it, but I’ve never seen any people explaining or showing their experience (on youtube for example) of people actually gaming on QubesOS, I would love to know how it is.
The main 3 games to test compatibility in my opinion would be Valorant, Fortnite and CSGO since their anti cheats could detect it’s running in a VM. (and two of them can’t run on linux so that would be a win for QubesOS)
Are there any people that have tested this ?
Thanks

2 Likes

I got a mouse problem with Gaming in Qubes OS as described here and never tried again since then :

I don’t know if this problem is for everygame or not

1 Like

Interesting. Non-Whonix Qubes VMs don’t make any effort to hide from programs the fact that they’re running inside of a VM, though.

1 Like

Yes and somewhere in a github discussion @marmarek stated there are not any plans to implement this, if I recall correctly.

So likely Gaming on Qubes with high anti-cheat will not be a reality until Qubes Air is a thing.

So it may be better to lower the requirements of “gaming” by excluding these types of games.

1 Like

Interesting to know @adw, totally understandable @deeplow, it’s not worth developper time for now, the only use I can find of it is those anti cheats and to prank scammers (they often check if you’re in a VM to prevent being pranked).
But I asked if someone tested it because the anticheat is supposed to prevent you from playing if you’re in a VM, I don’t know if it really will.

2 Likes

In that case the title should be changed. See if you agree with the new title. If not, just change it back.

1 Like

Oh yeah, at first I just wanted someone to post screenshot or video of gameplay (since I’ve never seen any youtube video about this subject)
but I asked the most complicated games to launch as a “benchmark” for Qubes compatibility

2 Likes