DVM launches Disposable Template instead Disposable!

I updated several VMs today upon update notification.

After that update, I couldn’t launch anymore any disposable VM. Asking to launch Firefox in a Debian based Disposable VM launched Firefox in the Disposable Template! Same with Whonix. When I try to launch Tor Browser in Dispoable whonix-ws-16-dvm, Tor Browser is launched in whonix-ws-16-dvm instead of dispXYZ (and I get the error: Do not launch Tor Browser in Qubes DVM Template!).

Did the update break the Disposable VMs? Everything was working fine yesterday. I assume I am not the only one facing this problem, right? How can I fix things? I did not change any system configuration. I’m running an up-to-date 4.1.

Thank you!

1 Like

Try this (change DVM-NAME accordingly):

[user@dom0 ~]$ qvm-prefs DVM-NAME template_for_dispvms True
[user@dom0 ~]$ qvm-features DVM-NAME appmenus-dispvm 1
1 Like

Thank you @BEBF738VD for your reply.
I made a mistake. My disposables are working normally. However, apparently after an update, running Alt+F3 Application Finder “dvm: firefox” used to run the disposable because it was the first option, and now Firefox in the disposable template is the first option in the list. Same when running “dvm: tor” in the Application Finder. I’m not sure if I had made some customization that was reverted by an update, or an update changed some VM naming.

Unforunately this happens.

Here is how to remove the duplicates.
I am not sure about your menu, but with rofi i can set them hidden with this script.

1 Like