Dom 0 keeps freezing after fresh install

Hello, new qubes user here, I have installed the os almost successfully, on the postinstall phase, after the reboot, it could not start sys-net and the installation process stopped there. The sys-net related error was something among the lines of “could not restart pci device” which i have fixed by disabling the ethernet card on sys-net.
Besides that it is working flawlessly and I love it, but random freezes of dom0 drive me mad. I can’t really figure out why it is doing this, it sometimes freezes even before entering the disk password and the older kernel seems to be far more less prone to freezing than the newer one for me. Also waking up from sleep is a 50% hit or miss if it freezes or not. Also, by “freeze” i mean cursor stuck and cpu at 100% until the battery drains or i power it off manually. Sometimes it is working for 3-4 hours with many qubes opened and sometimes i need 10 tries to get past the disk password.
The screen is also sometimes flickering black but it usually stops in less than a second. Any insight is highly appreciated.
Also I will provide any info/logs you might need put please tell me the path where I can find them. Thanks!
My hardware:
Brand: LENOVO T480
Model: 20N2000LUK

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Chipset: Intel Corporation Coffee Lake HOST and DRAM Controller [8086:3e34] (rev 0c)
Graphics: Intel Corporation WhiskeyLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics 620] [8086:3ea0] (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

RAM: 24230 Mb

QubesOS version: R4.2.0
BIOS: N2IETA1W (1.79 )
Kernel: 6.1.62-1
Xen: unknown

1 Like

Disabling hyperthreading seems to have made the system faster, improved stability, reduced temps and increased battery life from ~2-3h to ~6h. But the issue still persists, it randomly freezes for some reason.

1 Like

Maybe it’s this issue:

Indeed, I’ve tried it a bit and it does not freeze anymore, that fix worked, but the cpu is stuck at 2ghz(that was the case even before), which I can live with. I will keep following the github issue for updates, thanks a lot! Have a nice day!