Debian 10 terminal update issue, what was the easy solution.. Proxy issue?

What was the issue with debian 10 not working by default again? I did update fedora 32 to 34.
I get this:
$ sudo apt-get install openvpn
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Suggested packages:
resolvconf openvpn-systemd-resolved
The following NEW packages will be installed:
openvpn
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 29 not upgraded.
Need to get 490 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,167 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Err:1 Index of /debian buster/main amd64 openvpn amd64 2.4.7-1
404 Not Found [IP: 127.0.0.1 8082]
E: Failed to fetch https://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openvpn/openvpn_2.4.7-1_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 127.0.0.1 8082]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

What’s the solution again? Some proxy command? Thanks

Also, i forgot. Why is qubes 4.0 released as recommended and not qubes 4.1 and the latest updates, versions and patches? I’m going to download the debian 11 template… Where can i even download qubes 4.1 or qubes developer edition which is most updated and most secure?

that is your local machine ip address
it might be a problem in qubes internal networking

Is this what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Qubes 4.1 is still in development. A potentially unstable version would not be recommended to users. See:

Or as an Onion: http://qubesosfasa4zl44o4tws22di6kepyzfeqv3tg4e3ztknltfxqrymdad.onion/doc/version-scheme/#release-schedule

Index of /iso/

2 Likes

THANKS! So i tried Qubes 4.1 now… What an IMPROVEMENT! Respect to all of the developers! The ability to choose template. I use debian over fedora. And the new art. Its so fresh and clean! Sweet! Plus, all the improvements under the surface of the iceberg. Wow, i’m impressed. Such a nice cool OS!

1 Like

Just to reiterate.
Qubes 4.1 is in beta - if you require security and stability you
should use 4.0.
If you must use 4.1 (e.g. for hardware support), be aware that you are
not using a stable, release version of Qubes. You do so at your own
risk.

1 Like

ok thanks. But i still like the build more then 4.0. When will the final version be released do you think? It looks very clean

I (we, qubes team, everyone) simply don’t know exactly when, since we now in beta 1, the final version might release in about more than 1 or 2 year (rc stage took ~ 1 year, β, i don’t know, see here)

2 Likes

Cool! Take your time… It’s ready when it’s ready. I like the design! Clean OS! Thanks to all of the awesome coders, designers, creators and developers of Qubes and linux overall. Looking good. :slight_smile:

i’m not sure what you liking but if it UI and UX, getting ready for qubes 4.2
if it feature, wait for qubes 5.0