Debian-10-minimal Configuration

2 posts were split to a new topic: Debian-minimal template for sys-audio

Hi @Sven could you please share your status on this?
Looking forward to your how-to :blush:

2 Likes

@whoami … by Sunday evening / Monday morning CST. You successfully shamed me into action.

4 Likes

I very interested in the salt part…
As soon as I find some free time I will follow your instructions on a fresh installation.

But do not stress, no urgency.

Yeah, it’s only gonna be a guide about the bash script stuff. Kind of an updated more detailed version of the above post.

Not sure if and when I’ll get into salt.

4 Likes

OK, let’s get this started: Automate debian-minimal based template creation

4 Likes

How does this respond to

2 Likes

It doesn’t.

• sys-usb can see the files anyway
  • I don’t view or edit any files inside sys-usb (which I believe to be the concern with accessing files in sys-usb)
  • my sys-usb doesn’t have any programs installed (minimal template)
  • I no longer mount encrypted volumes in sys-usb (that’s where the FAQ applies)

On second thought: thank you @fiftyfourthparallel for originally pointing it out and thank you @enmus for making me finally see it after I was too dense to see it the first time:

It is obviously a bad idea to mount an encrypted partition inside an untrusted qube. It’s bad practice and bad advice.

I will edit both in the forum and on my website to correct this mistake in the next days.

3 Likes

At the time, your post stuck in my mind, and I posted it yesterday because I read the docs again (and constantly over and over again) and stumbled upon this, and I had no doubt how you’d react, but I needed it to create that way for users hopefully an example of a good practice of a constant re-reading, re-thinking and revising, eventually to realizing what many of us already did: that Qubes is life-changer, milestone.

2 Likes