i would like to have customized disp vms with the software i preinstalled.
How did i do this:
- Copy the fedora dispVM
- Create a template with all software installed
- Change the template from the copied fedora disp to the template i want to use.
My understanding is: If a disp vm ist started, it will just load the template. All changes are made within dispVM’s are nonpersistent, but all configs or settings comes from the underlying template.
Thing is: I did configure another terminal emulator and colored themes for the gnome-terminal in the terminal. But the changes made won’t show up in the spawned disp vms. Why is that so? How do i customize my disp vm’s with my settings for the shell or the gnome-terminal?
What i try to do, but without effect:
- Use zsh as my standard terminal emulator
- Ues my own gnome-terminal preferences, regarding themes
Problems i solved:
- Gnome Terminal is shutting down after seconds. See here: Fedora32 disposable AppVM crashing after few seconds (reproducible) Solution: Using this command in my .desktop: "Exec=qvm-run -q -a --dispvm=tools-dvm --gui ‘gnome-terminal --wait’