Cups reporting problem with pam_sss.so

Hi
I tried to setup my network printer through localhost:631 and Printer settings as well, with ipp or socket connection. I used the available ppd files for that specific printer (that I know are functional in my arch linux partition). In other words, I manage to end up with a seemingly installed printer (network address / port, driver) but still it doesn’t start printing.
From what I can see it’s a problem with PAM authentification. On that matter, I plainly authorized any user to that printer (not a problem in my subnet).
Here’s a copy of the error :

Blockquote
cups.service - CUPS Scheduler
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/cups.service; disabled; preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/service.d
└─10-timeout-abort.conf
/usr/lib/systemd/system/cups.service.d
└─30_qubes.conf
Active: active (running) since Fri 2024-01-26 11:48:06 CET; 3 days ago
TriggeredBy: ● cups.path
● cups.socket
Docs: man:cupsd(8)
Main PID: 534 (cupsd)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 374)
Memory: 6.6M
CPU: 2.316s
CGroup: /system.slice/cups.service
└─534 /usr/sbin/cupsd -l
Jan 29 12:30:48 printing cupsd[534]: REQUEST localhost - - “POST /admin/ HTTP/1.1” 401 0 - -
Jan 29 12:30:48 printing cupsd[534]: PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so): /usr/lib>
Jan 29 12:30:48 printing cupsd[534]: PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so
Jan 29 12:30:48 printing cupsd[534]: REQUEST localhost - root “POST /admin/ HTTP/1.1” 200 139 CUPS->
Jan 29 12:30:49 printing cupsd[534]: PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so): /usr/lib>
Jan 29 12:30:49 printing cupsd[534]: PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated !

I don’t know the solution but I have come across some logs which indicate issues with pam_sss.so:

Thanks a lot, there effectively is a way to get rid of that error message by using the command :

sudo authselect minimal

On a Fedora 38 standard template, it initially is set on a higher sssd level, which Redhat confirms can be lowered in my user case.

Thanks a lot for that !

1 Like