Copy files between smartphone and app-vm via USB or LAN/Internet (syncthing)

how you can copy files between smartphone and app-vm

Via USB cable

(Preparation steps)

On QubesOS

• from application menu click on creeat qubes vm and choose
    (on Basic tab)
    name: phone-vm
    type: AppVM
    template: fedora-x ''x is fedora vergion has installed on your qubesOS"
    network: none
    [ ] Lanch settings after after creation “check on it”
    and click Ok

• on settings phone-vm choose
    (on Advanced tab)
    [ ] Disposable template “chek on it”
    and click Ok

• start from applications menu “disposable: phone-vm” >> “phone-vm (dvm): Files”

• connect your phone via usb to PC

• attach your phone to disposableVM has started and brows your phone files “usually you will reattach many times to can see your phone files

copy from phone to appVM’s

• select files you wish to copy, right-click on the files, and select Copy to Other AppVM
    don’t copy from phone to disposableVM because files will delete then disposable shutdown

copy from appVM’s to phone

• Open a file manager in the qube containing the files you wish to copy (the source qube), right-click on the files you wish to copy, and select Copy to Other AppVM ans select disposableVM has attached phone, now you can copy files from disposableVM to phone storage

are this steps a right? I will write next part “via LAN/Internet using syncthing”

2 Likes

Done. (@anon_chan who created the first post liked the suggestion, so I went ahead and turned it into a wiki post.)

2 Likes

Yes, the original post has now been turned into a wiki, so you can edit it and incorporate the second section (about usb file transfer) there, so people can immediately see it at the top. I will change the title again.

1 Like

thank you @gonzalo-bulnes

via LAN/Internet using (Syncthing)

On phone

• install Syncthing on your phone device from your Os store like google-store, apple-store, f-droid-store …

On QubesOS

• from application menu click on creeat qubes vm and choose
    (on Basic tab)
    name: phone-vm
    type: AppVM
    template: fedora-x ''x is fedora vergion has installed on your qubesOS"
    network: sys-firewall
    [ ] Lanch settings after after creation “check on it”
    and click Ok

• on settings phone-vm choose
    (on Advanced tab)
    [ ] Disposable template “chek on it”
    and click Ok

• install Syncthing on phone-vm run this command on fedora-x template terminal

sudo dnf install syncthing
  • after progress finish shutdown fedora-x and restart phone-vm, then you can use Syncthing on phone-vm

can users help me for add steps “how set Local Discovry and Local Firewall” with this Doc

1 Like

Good update! You can edit your first post in this topic to apply all the changes there, so that it’s aggregated right at the top, where new viewers will be looking first.

Might I also suggest copying the text into e.g. LibreOffice Writer and using the spell-check function to correct spelling errors (if it’s not activated by default, use Shift + F7 to activate spell checking); then copy the corrected text and replace the text of your first post (OP) with it.

1 Like