Convert disposable to named disposable

I have a disposable template for backups, but I don’t usually need to spawn multiple disposable instances of it, so for clarity I want to change this into a named disposable template that only ever spawns the one disposable with the name “backups”. How do I do this?

Create a named disposable and choose your current dvm-template for your current backup-dvm.

Do I understand it correctly that you mean (in the GUI Qube Manager):

  1. Have a disposable template for backups by enabling Disposable template in Settings -> Advanced for any AppVM (let’s say said template is called backups-dvm)
  2. Click on the New qube toolbar option
  3. In the newly opened window select Named disposable
  4. Set a name e.g. sys-backup
  5. Choose its Disposable qube template to be the existing disposable template for backups from step 1 (here backups-dvm)
  6. Success

Yes. Exactly. That way it takes over all your settings. (I do it that way with all my nfs-mount-qubes. Backups included.)