Configure network access

Output from both commands is 512

Tbh, I don’t know why are you insisting with this and not start over again. It will take max 30 min for a fresh Qubes OS installation.
Maybe you want to try and research a bit the situation. In this case I understand why you are still insisting…

after another failed install, there was a message in the terminal:
failed to load module nvdimm. maybe this is the reason for the failure ?

I want to understand what went wrong first, before i am going to reinstall eventually…

I just wanted to rule out some reasons … :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

At this point, I would do a second install - to see if the first one was a special case. I would also be looking to see if any errors would pop up this time around (eg: Does the “INITIAL SETUP” start as it should after the first reboot? … and does it produce any errors?).

:slight_smile:

You can check sys-net/sys-net-dm logs in Qube Manager to see why is it failing to start. And dom0 logs using journalctl -b command in dom0 terminal.

1 Like

what is the complete path for sys-net/sys-net-dm ???

journalctl - b gives me thousand of lines…i cant interpret them…

i had to wait 24 hours to be able to post gain…weired

Open Qubes Manager, right click on sys-net → Logs. You’ll see the logs and their location there.

Search for “sys-net” keyword there and check the messages around the lines containing this keyword.

Have you already tried to reinstall or are you still using the original version?
Did the error reoccur when you reinstalled?

BTW, in case you don’t know: you can search in journalctl with “/” and then entering your search string, e.g.: “/” + “sys-net”

Hi to All,

i am so much feed up with the Ananconda Installer, that I finally gave up.

I use LINUX since DEBIAN 1.0 and i remember times, where you had to configure the whole system by hand…it was laborous but it worked. Later I used the DEBIAN Installer, a straight forward piece of software…never let me down, the same wit the UBUNTU installer.

The Anaconda Installer is just a piece of Sh… software. It does not let me erase already installed partitions, it always stops with an UNKNOWN Error at the first step, after hitting start installation. I used the newly released R4-2.1 version

I wasted almost the whole day with that bad piece of software.

I rather install DEBIAN and XEN as a the hypervisor, I think I am getting along better and with more success then with Qubes OS. Bye.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your help and advice. I gave up finally.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your help and advice. I gave up finally.

Sad to hear :confused:
In case you want to try it again in the future, don’t hesitate and ask :sweat_smile: