Computer does not shutdown, it reboots

Hi, I have installed Qubes 4.2 on my desktop computer. When I want to shutdown the computer, it reboots instead. I have disabled the power management in the BIOS so that it does not interfere with the OS. Also, I tried with the command in DOM.(sudo shutdown now).

Hello,

maybe arch wiki may help you, an arch linux user reported one of their USB device was triggering a wake up after shutdown and provided the solution.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your message.
when attempting to shut down my computer, it unexpectedly restarts instead. Despite reinstalling the operating system recently, the issue resurfaced after the latest update. Is there a setting in the HP desktop BIOS that can prevent automatic startup? Is there no tweak that can be added in the GRUB file?

Online documentation provides a guide on preventing autostart for versions x4 and 4.1. However, the issue persists with version 4.2, and there is no troubleshooting guidance available. Could you offer any advice? I opted to reinstall the operating system, which initially resolved the issue. Unfortunately, the problem resurfaced after the second update.I reset the BIOS settings to their factory defaults.