Certificate verification failed

After a Debian update, my multimedia Debian template appears to have failed. qubes based on the Debian template hang up.

I created a new Debian-10 template (qubes work again) and attempted to install google-chrome. The wget command is responding “unable to resolve host address ‘dl.google.com’”.

In the process of trying to address this, I have found that within the new Debian template
$ sudo apt-get update
Certificate verification failed: The certificate is NOT trusted. The certificate chain uses expired certificate. Could not handshake: Error in the certificate verification. [IP: 127.0.0.1 8082]

Within dom0
$ sudo qubes-dom0-update
https://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/current/dom0/fc25/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 141 curl#60 - “server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile:none”

I suspect using Whonix-14 is potentially the problem, but when attempting to install Whonix-16, I get the same error.
$ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community qubes-template-whonix-gw-16 qubes-template-whonix-ws-16
xxxxs://yum.qubes-os.org/r4.0/current/dom0/fc25/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 141 curl#60 - “server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile:none”

Having no problems with my Fedora templates.

Anybody seen this before?

Overcome the problem by downloading google-chrome using a qube and then moving the file to the template