Can't Get Fullscreen On HVM (Ubuntu Mate)

Hello Everyone,
Hope Everyone Have A Great Day I Have Installed
Ubuntu Mate As HVM So Installed It and everything is okay but the screen isn’t goes Fullscreen

I try change the file

Sudo /etc/qubes/guid.conf

global: {
  # default values
  allow_fullscreen = true;
  #allow_utf8_titles = false;
  #secure_copy_sequence = "Ctrl-Shift-c";
  #secure_paste_sequence = "Ctrl-Shift-v";
  #windows_count_limit = 500;
};

But i can’t get Fullscreen ?!

Did i do something Wrong!?

Ubuntu Mate As HVM So Installed It and everything is okay but the
screen isn’t goes Fullscreen

Right now your HVM in in a window. Right-click on the window title and
select “Fullscreen”

If you want to get out of fullscreen type Alt+Space and choose “Leave
Fullscreen”

1 Like

When i try this nothing happen it’s stay just like that

Jup!
Same here. Never got this feature running. Always have my HVMs on 1920x1080 max (on a 4K screen for Laptop or extended display).

1 Like

When i try this nothing happen it’s stay just like that

This used to work, but has stopped working for me too I just realized.

1 Like

Thank You I try with Today but No success At All

I also have this trouble in the standard fedora VM (personal)

I try and make firefox full screen but nothing happens or it crashes.

The same if I try to make youtube videos go full screen.

1 Like

I have an ultra-wide screen I like to set the resolution to non native 2560x1080.

I know the hvm has to have the same resolution as set in dom0.

The best I can do is set both resolutions to 1920x1080 but then I get black bars on the sides.

This is from a pretty fresh install of qubes. befor I did a fresh install of qubes I was able to get a windows hvm to 2560x1080 fine. I had to install qubes guest tools on windows. Is there something like that for linux distros, specifically kali?

Option allow_fullscreen doesn’t seem to work for me on Qubes 4.1 current-testing. I’ve allowed fullscreen in Qubes Settings for my HVM and I can see related qvm-feature enabled:
gui-allow-fullscreen 1
But when I start HVM the window won’t enter fullscreen automatically and I still need to press Alt+F11 to enter fullscreen.

@marmarek
That’s a different feature. The “allow fullscreen” option is about allowing a single application window from a qube to switch into fullscreen (like clicking fullscreen in youtube). The size and placement of HVM desktop window is separate and mostly depends on the graphics resolution set within the qube (and if no qubes tools are installed inside, Qubes has very little influence on it).

Related issue and also a temporary solution: