Cannot decrypt disk after updating qubes

Hello,

Apologies if I am being stupid or missed something - I tried searching the github issues and forum before making this post and I couldn’t find anything relating to my issue.

After using the Qubes update tool and updating dom0, fedora/debian templates and restarting the computer, I cannot decrypt my LUKS partition as I am unable to type in the field on the “disk password” screen. Trying the Qubes rescue tool tells me there are no Linux partitions on my disk. A clean install with no updates works fine and can be restarted/unlocked with no issues. I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there was a way to fix this? I had used a previous version of qubes on this same laptop about a year ago and never had this issue.

I am using the 4.1.2 ISO, under drive partitioning during installation I used the automatic option, and my laptop uses UEFI.

since you cant type in the plymouth, it looks like you enable sys-usb.

add this in your kernel prameter, ‘qubes.skip_autostart’ after quiet, to edit kernel parameter, press e when you in grub menu.

1 Like

if it work and you can login, run this in dom0 terminal.
sudo qubesctl state.sls qvm.usb-keyboard

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply,

After following your steps I was able to use an external keyboard to decrypt the partition. Afterwards I am able to use the internal laptop keyboard and everything works perfectly. Thank you very much for your time and for helping me with this! I’m incredibly grateful.