Can I install and use packages before installing Qubes?

This one’s kinda tricky.

How many here know you can access the terminal (via CTRL+ALT+F2) while in Qubes Installer GUI?
I learned a good deal about how to use a Linux terminal and I’ve been thinking…

Is it possible to install any packages before I install the operating system itself?

Where am I coming from on this?
If anybody knows about random number generator devices, I’ve had my eyes set on one in particular called the Infinite Noise TRNG. https://www.crowdsupply.com/leetronics/infinite-noise-trng

It’s supposed to be the best of the best, basically (Check it out yourself).
However, it needs a driver to run it and, typically, you can’t do that until you install a Linux operating system if you don’t know anything about Linux beyond operating the graphical interface.

What I hope to do is access the terminal, once the installer GUI boots up,
then use commands to compile and install the software then I can use the TRNG to
write random bits to my storage drives before I encrypt them for installation - making for a much more secure full-disk encrypted install.

Of course, there’s the question.
Can I install packages and use them before actually installing the Qubes operating system?

I’ve done it before with other live-boot distros, I just wanna make sure if its possible with Qubes.
Thanks.

It’s possible to get a shell before/while Qubes OS is installing - but I think you would need to make your own install medium … since I don’t think the current installer includes the build tools you would need to compile the software prior to installing Qubes OS.

To build a custom install medium (where you could include the software for the “Infinite Noise TRNG”), take a look on: