Brand New System won't Bootstrap to Tor | i9 128GB

None of that should have any impact on your install. The problem seems to be regarding passthrough into sys-net, but nobody can help until we actually know whats going on.

I could wipe out the current OS, which is just solid and take photos of lspci -v

I did try

qvm-pci attach --persistent --option permissive=true --option no-strict-reset=true sys-net dom0:<BDF_OF_DEVICE>

which was the ethernet controller

I will refrain from replying, as it seems you aren’t actually reading the advice I’m trying to give. Once again, set --option no-strict-reset=false and post the output of lspci -k so we can help you.

Alright, I’ll re-install and post images since I won’t be able to paste. Thank you, all.

Here are photos from time of re-installation to commands asked to be entered

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19LRDKBDDDMbPY3IVzzr3w0bbqKGlyafT?usp=sharing

Please sort them by name and they will be in chronological order. Thank you for your time.

Most recent findings:

[qubesOS@dom0 ~]$ qubesd
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/qubesd”, line 5, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qubes/tools/qubesd.py”, line 51, in main
servers = loop.run_until_complete(qubes.api.create_servers(
File “/usr/lib64/python3.8/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 616, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qubes/api/init.py”, line 430, in create_servers
cleanup_socket(sockpath, force)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/qubes/api/init.py”, line 398, in cleanup_socket
raise FileExistsError(errno.EEXIST,
FileExistsError: [Errno 17] socket already exists: ‘/var/run/qubesd.sock’

system-firewall has a yellow warning indicating it is a disposable template. Both templates for it are also dvms.

System time and BIOS time are in sync. anondate-get result is earlier than the system clock.

Tor always shows as running but cannot bootstrap.

You are missing the point.
It’s not Tor that’s the problem.
Tor cant bootstrap because you have no networking - that is the issue you
have to address.
Since you seem to want to repeatedly reinstall Qubes, and do not
engage with any one trying to help you, there’s little profit in taking
this further.

I never presume to speak for the Qubes team.
When I comment in the Forum or in the mailing lists I speak for myself.

I don’t know why you approach me with an attitude.
Of course I understand that I have no network capabilities.
I had to reinstall Qubes because I had wiped it out (as mentioned) in place for another Operating System.
It’s not like I’m just sitting re-installing an OS thinking this time it’ll work.
I’m done with Qubes on this P15 and re-installed it on the Lenovo 470 without issues.
I went through the entire discourse of documentation on what to do.
In the end I even tried other network interface cards.
I have found 17 cases where the situation turned out like mine and the hardware just wasn’t compatible, whether a shortcoming of the kernel or just incompatibility, as mentioned by some in the HCL doctrine.
This P15 now has another system on it as I’ve exhausted the pool of resources from everything the documentation suggested to the trials of others.
I never stated that Tor was the problem. I stated that the defect produced an affect that immediately took bootstrapping to 5% and left it there.
I’ve synced all clocks and verified them.
I did exactly what the last commenter asked: I posted pictures of lspci, dmesg, journalctl and the installation options. As far as I can tell I’ve cooperated with an elite group that stands on higher grounds.

Unfortunately, that’s either not the issue. I’m sure it’s not hw/sw related.