Black Screen after Boot Up

Im trying to boot up qubes os for the first time. I get a line of white text that appears to quickly for me to able to read and then a permanent black screen. Any reason this keeps happening, I have tried an 8gb usb, 16, and 32.

I have read that there is a option to boot using “dd” command. Can someone explain what that is or direct me to a video?

I have tried an 8gb usb, 16, and 32.

From the context what you’re saying, it sounds like these are the sizes of the flash drives you are using to install Qubes and not the size of the disk you are installing Qubes onto. I just want to confirm I’m understanding that part correctly.

I have read that there is a option to boot using “dd” command. Can someone explain what that is or direct me to a video?

The dd command is a Linux terminal command that is used for burning an .iso file onto a flash drive, for example. What are you using to burn the Qubes ISO file onto the flash drive? For example, are you using Rufus or balena Etcher?
At first glance, it sounds like you might be having trouble burning Qubes onto a flash drive to boot from and the computer might be saying there are no bootable devices found, but I’d like to confirm the answers to my questions to get a better idea of the problem.

I’m using rufus and yes those were the sizes of the flash drive. I don’t think I am having trouble burning, but I cannot figure out why it gets stuck at a black screen to boot, preventing installation.

Okay, just to make sure, are you selecting the “Write in DD image mode” with Rufus?

If that part is okay, then you can try following the “Getting to the boot screen” section of the above documentation and make sure that the USB device is at the top of the boot order. You can also try switching between legacy and UEFI boot.
Let me know if any of that works.

Thanks for the tips, “Write in DD image mode” Allowed me to get to the next step. Unfortunately, now its saying installation cannot continue and system will be rebooted.

Actually I think there’s enough information on the forums for me to walk through it myself. But I appreciate the help you gave!