Best VM for Whonix Cubes

I’m on Windows and want to run whonix cubes in a vm (i think thats the best thing to do). The pc is old and the cpu doesnt support something for vmware to work. Is hyperv good enough? Virtualbox is type 2 is that sufficient? Are there any better ones?

I would suggest VirtualBox, and plain Whonix rather than some hacky Qubes in a VM setup.

This is a forum about Qubes OS. This question doesn’t look connected to Qubes but with Whonix, so it’s offtopic here. When you don’t use Qubes, it’s not “Whonix-Qubes” but simply “Whonix”. You should ask on the Whonix forums.

1 Like

Welcome @rmonou8,

I must say I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re intending to do. However, as @anon22772651 said, running Qubes OS in a VM is unlikely to be the solution you’re looking for.

Remains to use Whonix without Qubes OS, which is best discussed in the Whonix forum, that @fsflover linked in their reply :slightly_smiling_face:

The users posts have been hidden and the user has been perma booted for Code of Conduct violations that went beyond needing just a warning.

1 Like