Authentication Fails When Waking From Sleep

When logging in upon system wake-up, my credentials often fail the first time, but when entered a second time, they are successful.

My dom0 journalctl yields this error:

Dec 11 12:39:48 dom0 xscreensaver-auth[10332]: PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so): /usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directo>
Dec 11 12:39:48 dom0 xscreensaver-auth[10332]: PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib64/security/pam_sss.so

I’m wondering if when I log in the first time, then the error occurs. But when I log in a second time, the system is using some fallback option.

Thanks for your help!

Maybe there are some random key press events that are generated on resume from suspend? Try to press Esc to clear the password enter field and then enter the password.

These messages should be unrelated:

Thank you, @apparatus !

It’s entirely possible that the PAM issue is unrelated to the login-after-wake issue, but I’m not sure. Even so, the only fix I found was to set the authselect to minimal, which doesn’t seem like a fix, so much as a hack.

It’s also possible that the login is somehow affected by my screen-flicker (which happens on occasion), but it doesn’t seem to affect the successful login when I enter credentials the second time.

All times when I entered my credentials a second time, the system authenticates correctly.