Arch linux - where do you install your AUR helper?

Hi there, a question to those who use unman’s arch linux template:

Where do you install your AUR helper? In the template? If so, how do you pass the proxy settings to your AUR helper / pacman wrapper?

And if you install packages from the AUR, do you do that inside the template or do you do that in your AppVM?

It is a bit late, but maybe still helpful to others:

I installed the AUR helper directly to my template (called arch), but I build it outside of the template (because of the network limitation I like to keep).

So everytime I need a AUR package I am only installing it (temporary) on a qube with the helper.

Additionally, I keep a second arch template for AUR packages that I regulary need (called arch-3rdparty). I build these on a extra management qube via the AUR helper, move them to the template and install them there.

It is a bit tedious but this way I have a clean arch template with a AUR helper at my disposal for every qube. Furthermore, I have a arch template that already contains some packages of the AUR that are installed without exposing this template either.

I hope this makes sense and may is a starter for somebody’s management of arch templates and AUR :upside_down_face:

Meanwhile, same here. Build yay in the AppVM, qvm-moved it to the arch template and use it to install AUR packages temporarily in the AppVM when needed.