Any easy to aquire open source wifi adapters that work with Qubes?

I am looking for an easy to acquire wifi adapter for Qubes ideally open source. Intend to use on PC. Thanks

Heyho,

you could check out the Alfa Network adapters. Coming with Atheros cards.

as an example.

Works out of the box :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to spend a fortune then a TL-WN722N does work (at least with my laptop + Q 4.0 & 4.1) and a used one can usually be found for around 5 bucks.

BTW the WN725N is the nano-sized version of this and uses the same
driver. Works fine for me, but for heavy upload/send traffic you need to
be close to your router/ap unit or else you’ll experience a high error
rate resulting in spurious disconnection. This is caused by the
nano-sized device having only a tiny antenna.

Hello folks, I’m New in here and to qubes also.
i have a problem with the same adapter you said it works for you @tasket which is WN725N, the problem is i installed qubes the last version now which is: 4.1.1, and i use a usb keyboard and mice, and my hardware is compatible with qubes, so when i installed qubes i didn’t create a sys-usb and selected that sys-net is used for both network and usb so that i can use my wifi adapter, but the problem after that it didn’t show up any network or anything, after that i was advised to create a sys-usb so i created it and configured it so that it allows mice and keyboard for dom0, but when i attach my WN725N adapter it really shows AP around me but when i connect it shows disconnected without even pop up the password window to write it down.
i’m sorry for bad explanation but i’m suffering since 3 weeks with qubes.

@LightCloudFreemium
I should have mentioned that Qubes enables Wifi mac randomization by default, and a few wifi adapters don’t support it including this one. The workaround is here: USB Wifi adapter stops working with qubes-core-agent 4.1.25 update · Issue #6593 · QubesOS/qubes-issues · GitHub