Another Hardware Compat Question (Ryzen 5 5500 & ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4)

I am trying to narrow down the hardware to get so was hoping to get some feedback. I was thinking about an AMD system, starting with a 3rd gen proc Ryzen 5 5500, and an ASRock B550M mobo. I assume those are usually the main sticking points when it comes to compatibility?
I noticed in the HCL someone was using the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac but it looked like things didnt run perfectly out of the box, havent been able to get in touch with the poster but wanted to see/ask if those issues were likely resolved in 4.1?
Thanks!

I’m not an AMD expert but 4.1 comes with a lot of new harware support so it should work, but once again not sure. The CPU is recent so it could have some issues with Qubes OS.

huh! Thanks for pointing that out, I was looking on newegg and the Ryzen 5 5500 was one of the cheapest A4 socket options so I just assumed it was older (what I get for assuming i guess). It seems the Ryzen 5 3600 came out in 2019, but is $30 USD more, go figure?

Its unclear to me, is hardware compatibility mainly dependent on the dom0 linux version (fedora 32 for qubes 4.1?) or the version of Xen (4.14?).