Alpine Linux Template (non-official) available for testing

This is the error code I received after trying to install.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/qvm-template-postprocess”, line 5, in
sys.exit(main())
^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/qubesadmin/tools/qvm_template_postprocess.py”, line 449, in main
loop.run_until_complete(post_install(args))
File “/usr/lib64/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 653, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/qubesadmin/tools/qvm_template_postprocess.py”, line 314, in post_install
import_root_img(vm, args.dir)
File “/usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/qubesadmin/tools/qvm_template_postprocess.py”, line 102, in import_root_img
raise qubesadmin.exc.QubesException(
qubesadmin.exc.QubesException: template.rpm symlink not found for multi-part image, using up-to-date qvm-template install ... should help
ERROR: Command ‘[‘qvm-template-postprocess’, ‘–really’, ‘–no-installed-by-rpm’, ‘post-install’, ‘alpine318’, ‘/var/tmp/tmpjifu34ic/var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/alpine318’]’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

I did some research, and it seems the template installer thinks there’s missing parts of the file. I have no idea how to fix.

Hey all, I forgot I had an account here! I made the template referenced by OP. I see there’s an appreciation for my work, thanks for y’all’s interest! I’d be happy to get this fixed up for more official inclusion. I’ve yet to identify a clear way to get this template supported along the same lines as Arch Linux. At the minimum, I’ll maintain the packages and the RPM, and if any of y’all find (and fix issues) you can share them on here or on the GItHub issues page, I’ll have them integrated. I answer more quickly on the Github page, but I’ll try to keep an eye on the forums.

4 Likes

Thank you for your work, yesterday I switched from Alpine-3.19 to 3.20 without any problem (template update with the 3.20 repository, not the new 3.20 template rpm).