Achieving 7680x2160 @ 120 Hz on Windows HVM in Qubes OS with Integrated Graphics (Intel i9, ASUS ROG z790, Samsung Neo G9)

I am successfully using my Intel i9 14000K CPU on an ASUS ROG z790 Wifi Motherboard to achieve a 7680x2160 resolution at 120 Hz on my Samsung Neo G9 57" Monitor (capable of 240 Hz) in dom0 and PVH mode Qubes OS 4.2 with the latest testing releases and KDE.

However, my Windows VM running Windows 11 Pro with Qubes Windows Tools only supports up to 3840x2160 resolution. I would like to run the Windows VM at the native resolution mentioned above. When I attach my GPU (explanation below on why I’m not using it yet), I can output via an HDMI 2.0 cable to another input on my monitor at the full native resolution.

I am unsure if I need a specific driver for the CPU or if there’s a need to adjust a virtualization configuration somewhere, as I am new to virtualization. I have installed the ASUS Armory Crate and updated the drivers through it and Windows Update. Installing the Nvidia drivers didn’t help when the GPU wasn’t attached. The GPU is currently hidden from dom0, and Nvidia drivers are not installed since it’s a fresh Windows 11 install.

I have followed the GUI Configuration guide and allocated ~65 MiB in VRAM. Additionally, I have 64 GB DDR5 RAM.

I have an Nvidia 4090 GPU that I haven’t set up for GPU passthrough because I am unsure of the best way to do it. I intend to game in a Nobara Qube, do graphic design in a Windows VM, and perform audio work in a DAW VM.