About the HCL Reports category

In order to generate an HCL report in Qubes, simply open a terminal in dom0 (Applications Menu > Terminal Emulator) and run qubes-hcl-report <qube-name> , where <qube-name> is the name of the qube in which the generated HCL files will be saved.

You are encouraged to submit your HCL report for the benefit of further Qubes development and other users. When submitting reports, test the hardware yourself, if possible. If you would like to submit your HCL report, please copy and paste the contents of the HCL Info .yml file into a post in the HCL Reports category of the forum. Pasting the contents into the post has the advantage that members of the forum can see the report without downloading and opening a file. In addition, new forum members are unable to attach files to posts.

Maybe it is a good idea to make a thread for incompatible devices ?

I bought a used HP Z600 workstation, which on paper should be compatible but due to some unfixed bios issues it is not fully compatible.

So maybe that could help people from accidently buying incompatible devices ?

4 Likes

I think the feasibility has been proven.

3 Likes

Indeed. Updated.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just clueless, but apparently a .yml file of some kind is wanted for HCLs…but I can find no instructions anywhere on how to generate it.

The top post of this thread would be a good place to either explain it, or point to the explanation.

It’s explained here, which is a link from the top pinned post.

1 Like

Well, okay, then…option one. I’m just clueless!

Thanks!

Well no.
It would be better if it were explicitly said in the top post.

I never presume to speak for the Qubes team.
When I comment in the Forum or in the mailing lists I speak for myself.
1 Like

I’ve updated the top post to read:

… also: pasting it into the post instead of attaching the YML file makes my workflow easier (less steps).

1 Like

Maybe adding a note about new forum users saying they won’t be able to upload a document and should instead copy and paste its contents?

I was under the impression it said exactly that:

I very much prefer the YML being pasted into the post for my workflow (less steps).

Never mind! Sorry for the confusion. I misread it.

1 Like