4.1 Beta : Keyboard layout choosen during install not applied correctly once installed

Hello.

I have noted that the keyboard layout one can choose during install is not properly reported to dom0 keyboard configuration after installation is done and Qubes-OS running:

It is necessary to manualy uncheck the [Dom0]Keyboard utility’s “Use system defaults” box from the Layout tab to force the choosen keyboard layout during installation process to be applied to all VM’s.

If not doing so, the choosen configuration for the keyboard layout choosen during install won’t be applied to all VM’s.

This small configuration bug was not present on the 4.0.4 release of Qubes-OS

Can confirm that. Should be reported as issue GitHub - QubesOS/qubes-issues: The Qubes OS Project issue tracker

1 Like

Ok gonna do this. It’s a small bug, reporting it is easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done under the following references:

"Keyboard layout choosen during install is not correctly configured after install when running Qubes-OS #6860 "

1 Like

4.1 rc3 also on logging in from lock screen when i didnt suspend but lock screen, keyboard doesnt work until i alt+tab multiple times with language switch multiple times alt+shift.
Also keyboard randomly sometimes stops working in installation selected language and does just english.
Adding more languages and switching multiple times got them back. randomly.
Also keyboard layout forget once that keyboard was set not to use system defaults, since i added more languages. on some reboot it again was sytem defaults changing only 2 langages of 4 i use, 2 were lost. unselecting global gave them back again since they were in that keyboard layout.
Now it has remembered so far that unselecting in keyboard layouts to use global.

It jumps to english even if select is some other language random. Switching and alt+tab few times random again starts working correct.

What to run to triage bug when it happens again?

I can confirm that I also have this problem on fully updated RC4. It was working flawlessly on 4.0.

1 Like

+1