HP Elitebook 840 G5

Remarks

So far I haven’t encountered any compatibility issues. Suspend/resume works. I am able to access a FIDO usb stick with CTAP configured. Wifi works, though I need to point out I upgraded the wifi card from the stock 8265 to a 9260, before installing qubes, for better performance.

Attachments

Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_EliteBook_840_G5-20240125-083817.cpio.gz (10.6 KB)
Qubes-HCL-HP-HP_EliteBook_840_G5-20240125-082706.yml (920 Bytes)

3 Likes

Thank you for HCL and additional remarks. Can you please also fill a detailed report based on this template:

Example of user providing the answers is here. The more information the better, it may be helpful to other users, thank you.

1 Like

Installation

• Disable SecureBoot (Isn’t this a requirement???)

Basic Input

• Keyboard - works
  • External USB mouse [if possible to check] - works
  • Touch-pad - works
  • Touch-pad supports “tap as click” and scrolling with 2 fingers works - works
  • Display brightness change shortcuts - works
  • Sound volume shortcuts - works
  • Keyboard led and keyboard brightness change shortcuts - works

Internet and bluetooth

• Ethernet cable connection - works out of the box or actions were required? - did not test
  • Ethernet cable connection - speed - did not test
  • Wifi connection - works out of the box or actions were required? - works, but I had upgraded the wifi card prior to Qubes install
  • Wifi connection - speed, is reliable over the time? - reliable
  • Bluetooth - works out of the box or actions were required? - unsuccessful in figuring this out. My internal bluetooth seems to show up as a usb device. I have had little luck getting it on the panel
  • Bluetooth - shows devices, connection process works, sound output or copying works.- unknown

Suspend

• Suspend/Resume works - works out of the box or actions were required? - works
  • Does resume breaks WiFi, if it does, how to recover it? - works
  • Does resume breaks Bluetooth, if it does, how to recover it? - untested

Video [increase VCPU to the qube before test]

• Fullscreen and windowed video playback of youtube - 720p/1080p/2K/4K in Firefox. Does it drop frames? - 720p/1080p works, unable to test others
  • Video file playback of file using mpv/mplayer/smplayer - 1080p? Higher resolutions and bitrates? untested
  • Multiple displays configuration works (using available DP/Thunderbolt, HDMI or other video ports - untested

Audio

• Speakers (sound playback) (was sys-audio used?) - works, no sys-audio used
  • Head-phones via 3.5" jack (works, automatically turns off speakers?) - works
  • Sound output via HDMI - untested
  • Audio-optical (S/PDIF) output - untested

Fans

• Are fans silent on idle? - yes
  • Are fans noisier than on Windows/Linux?. If they are, was thankfan or similar software tried? - untested

Other

• Have you tried running Windows 10 HVM qubes? - no
  • Does CPU boost seem to be working properly? - unknown

Specs:

3 Likes

Thanks for the HCL report. I just submitted a pull request to add it to the repository.

2 Likes