YubiKey not Detected in Device Manager (USB-keyboard enabled)

To answer my own question: at least in Qubes 4.0 both U2F proxy and keepass-yubikey-login in Fedora 32 are working.

The problem I had with U2F proxy was due to a simple mistake. I forgot to change my template my sys-usb was based on to my template-clone that I use for each template (and where I install software).

I imported the keypassXC database with yubikey login from my working setup to my keypassXC in Qubes 4.0 and it worked (with attaching the yubikey).

Edit
I haven’t tested all that on my 4.1 test setup.
Both U2Fproxy and keepass-yubikey-login are working fine with Qubes 4.1 as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The two commands worked for me. I had the same problem with the connection. Now it stays connected and I can add account. Thank you!

Thanks for the confirmation :slight_smile:

8 Jan 2021, 21:42 by qubes_os@discoursemail.com:

I’ve got it running also under fedora (32). You have to install this package:

sudo dnf install pcsc-lite-ccid

Reference

Edit: It works for fedora 30 also

1 Like

@whoami I followed these steps…now I have a blank screen. This is very bad. (Nvidia GPU+USB keyboard)

See my post here: PLS HELP-> Entered command blank screen (yubikey-usb...)

If there is any solution to help me fix my qubes please let me know.

Anyone else, be careful this “summary solution” wrecked my system. Will post solution if I can get it resolved without reinstalling from scratch.

I am just wondering if anyone can synthesize why USB security keys are so hard to integrate into existing frameworks. Of course, with Qubes you need a usb qube controlling I/O just like a network qube. Another way in that needs to be controlled.

Can anyone here shed light on the following topics: